K2 Skis Data Protection Policy
Effective Date: November 17, 2009
Updated March 21, 2017
1. K2 Sports collects and uses personal and partially pseudonymised or anonymised customer data in operating the online shop and when receiving and executing orders, including delivery, invoicing and payment control. In all these processes the provider strictly observes the data protection regulations applicable in Germany, in particular the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) and the Tele Media Act (Telemediengesetz).
K2 Sports has certified with the Privacy Shield as required by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from the European Union member countries and is subject to the authority and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTO). For more information about the Privacy Shield program, and to view the list of current certifications under the Privacy Shield, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List .
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we commit to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact the K2 Customer Service Department via email, phone number, or mail. Our European Office is located at K2 Skis Europe GmbH Seeshaupter Str. 62, 82377, Penzberg, Germany, and we will work with you to resolve your issue. If you are a resident of the European Union, you may also contact your European Data Protection Authority with questions or complaints about our privacy practices.
Residents of the European Union who have unresolved complaints after attempting to contact K2 Skis to resolve the issue, attempting to contact the U.S. Department of Commerce (either directly or through a European Data Protection Authority) and giving the Department of Commerce time to attempt to resolve the issue, may elect to arbitrate certain claims. You may find more information on arbitration here . Each party will be responsible for its own attorney’s fees. Please be advised that, pursuant to the Privacy Shield, the arbitrator(s) may only impose individual-specific, non-monetary, equitable relief necessary to remedy any violation of the Privacy Shield Principles only with respect to the individual.
We have further committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not addressed your complaint to your satisfaction, please contact the EU DPAs for more information or to file a complaint. The services of EU DPAs are provided at no cost to you.
2. As stipulated in Section 2 of the Consumer Information, the contracting party with whom the customer enters into contract shall in each case be K2 Sports, even if the customer orders from a different online shop operated by K2 Sports. As these are all online shops owned by K2 Sports containing offerings for sports and equipment, data pertaining to customer orders shall be collected, processed and used in a unified manner in a joint K2 Sports database in order to facilitate orders and the logistics of goods dispatch.
3. K2 Sports shall collect, store, edit, use or transmit personal data where this is necessary for the conclusion, performance or termination of a contract or an obligation resembling a legal transaction with regard to the customer and where this is required for the safeguarding of its legitimate interests and where there is no reason to suppose the existence of overriding customer interests which merit protection and require exclusion of his or her data from processing or use. K2 Sports transmits personal data to subcontracted service providers for the purposes of order implementation. Within the legally permissible scope and taking account of the respective interests which merit protection and may require exclusion from transmission or use, K2 Sports may in the course of the order process transmit to and inquire into address and credit standing data with SCHUFA, 65203 Wiesbaden, for the purposes of credit status investigation. In addition, K2 Sports uses address data for first-time orders paid by invoice or instalments in order to assess the risk of shortfalls in payment in any individual case. K2 Sports also uses order and address data for marketing purposes of K2 Sports.
Please note: You may object to the collection, processing, use and transmission of your personal data for marketing purposes at any time by sending a notification, requiring no particular form, to K2 Sports Europe GmbH, E-Commerce Department, Seeshaupter Str. 62, 82377 Penzberg, Germany, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your objection shall not extend to use required in order for us to perform our contract with you.
4. Upon each website visit, necessary technical information shall unavoidably be exchanged between the server and the customer’s computer (URL, browser type, other technical attributes).
In order to improve navigation and facilitate use of the order process and other services on the website, small, session-specific text files (cookies) shall be created and temporarily stored on the user’s device.
5. This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” ‒ text files that are stored on your computer and that enable an analysis of your use of the website. The information about your use of this website generated by the cookie is generally sent to a Google server in the USA and stored there. IP anonymisation is activated on this website, so that, within the member states of the European Union and other states participating in the Agreement on the European Economic Area, users' IP addresses are shortened by Google prior to transmission. Only in exceptional cases will a full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and be shortened there.
Google shall use this information on behalf of the operator of this website in order to analyse your use of the website, compile reports on website activity, and provide further services related to website and Internet use to the website operator. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics shall not be combined with other Google data.
You may prevent the storage of cookies by editing the settings in your browser software accordingly. However, please note that in this case you may not be able to make full use of all functions of this website. In addition, you may prevent collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and processing by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link, currently: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de"
6. Customers may at any time request information on the data stored on their person and, where applicable, correction, blocking or deletion of these data.
7. The competent contact for data protection matters is K2 Sports, who may be contacted at the following address by post, fax or contact form:
K2 Sports Europe GmbH Seeshaupter Str. 62 82377 Penzberg Fax: +49 8856-901-101 E-Mail: email@example.com